My general prayer philosophy is “thy will be done” and I usually don’t try to micromanage God’s gifts to our family. Today is different.
I have not yet started my new chemotherapy because of insurance issues. They haven’t approved it, despite the best efforts of so many parts of my team of specialists – the oncologist, the pulmonologist, the rheumatologist… it’s been postponed and postponed… I’m on the schedule for my 5 hour infusion for Thursday at the moment, but it will have to be postponed if it’s not approved.
You all know how much we need to get going with this, and you all know all the other things we have on our plate. Our plate runneth over, for sure. But I absolutely believe in the power of prayer… and “gathered in my name” should be able to be virtually as well as physically, don’t you think? And I absolutely believe that God listens preferentially to the prayers of children…. so can you get your little guys working on it, too?
So here’s the intention: That the insurance company approves the new chemo plan NOW and we can go ahead and start it Thursday.
I’m also praying for Dixon, that his first day of his new job goes well tonight, and for George and his surgeons, in anticipation of Monday, and for Sam, that he’s not too homesick, and for Danny, that he’s safe and uncomplicated in school-school today with a substitute nurse.
But if you would just pray that the new chemo gets approved, that would be great. I’ll let you know just as soon as I hear any results from our efforts. Thanks.